Training Options and Information
Private training can be anything that you would like it to be! That is the joy of my customized program.
- Basic training creates baseline behaviors such as sit, down, stay, wait, anti jump training, leave-it, drop, loose leash walking, recall, etc.
- Advanced behaviors can be things like go to bed, fun tricks and skills, or something very specific that you need your dog to do to fit your lifestyle.
- Reactivity or Aggression can be dog/dog reactivity, dog/people reactivity, prey drive reactivity, resource guarding, and really anything that triggers your dog to react in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Phone & FaceTime Consultations
Phone/FaceTime consolations are available in 30 minutes increments. These sessions are prepaid and scheduled in advance.
- Choosing a new pet: you can FaceTime me from the shelter and I can help evaluate if this pet is the right fit for your family.
- Long term training plans: Many times clients have an initial training plan and, while they do not need me to be on-site, they do have questions on how to modify a plan to ensure success.
- Examples of behaviors this could work well for are:
- Potty training, crate training, counter conditioning, mapping out a plan to leave a new dog home alone, managing behavior until we determine the right training plan, and a variety of other behaviors.
New Puppy ABCs
Once you have found the four-legged family member that is right for you the FUN & WORK begins. Like toddlers, your puppy will go through specific developmental periods that are crucial to determining what type of adult dog you will have.
I can help you to get started down the right path! We will spend 90 minutes to 2 hours going over socialization, crate training/long-term confinement areas, potty training, body handling, and problem prevention information. Next I will assist in establishing a list of basic behaviors that are important to you and your family. It will be like having that ‘Quick Reference Guide’ that your puppy did not come with! Remember, all of the legwork that you put in during your puppy’s developmental period will pay off for a long time to come!
Diapers & Dogs
Are you expecting a baby, already have children and planning to add a dog to your family, or have a grandchild on the way? This program is for you! Through my own experience as a parent to two young boys and a dog trainer I have learned so much and I am excited to share it with you.
During our time together we will go over strategies on how to safely integrate kids and dogs. We will spend 90 minutes to 2 hours covering management tools such as baby gates, ideas on how to add mental stimulation exercises to your dog’s daily routine and appropriate physical exercise levels. Additionally, we’ll discuss what behaviors your dog should have in place, what your kids should know in order to remain safe around the family dog, and I will also answer any questions you have. There is a wide variety of scientific research supporting the benefits you are providing your child by having a pet so I promise you the work will be well worth it!
- Initial Training Session (1 hour): $85
- Single Training Session (45 minutes): $70
- Package of Three Training Sessions (45 minute sessions): $195
- Phone/FaceTime Consultation (30 minutes): $40
- New Puppy ABC’s (1.5-2 hours): $125
- Diapers & Dogs (1.5-2 hours): $125
- Payment is accepted via check or Square.